Fantasy Prints is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Fantasy Prints complies fully with the Equality Act 2010 and seeks to protect people from discrimination directly or indirectly on the basis of the nine protected characteristics described in the Act. No-one will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, race, disability, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership status, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity leave.
If you feel that you have been disadvantaged because of any of the above then do not hesitate to report the matter to the Managing Director in order that the issue can be investigated and resolved.
If you have a disability, please notify the Managing Director so that reasonable adjustments can be considered.
Fantasy Prints does not and will not tolerate any discrimination and anyone found to be acting in such a way will face disciplinary action that could include dismissal. Everyone has a duty to report any such behaviour to any member of management. We actively promote non-discriminatory behaviour and do not tolerate any behaviour contrary to the Equality Act 2010.
Fantasy Prints will actively promote equality, will maintain a Single Equality Scheme and regularly monitor and review progress towards the achievement of targets. Staff will be given the resources and support to achieve this through training and communications.
Recruitment and Selection
The recruitment and selection process is crucially important to any equal opportunities policy. We will endeavour through appropriate training to ensure that employees making selection and recruitment decisions will not discriminate, whether consciously or unconsciously.
- Promotion and advancement will be made on merit and all decisions relating to this will be made within the overall framework of the policy.
- Job descriptions will be revised to ensure that they are in line with our equal opportunities policy. Job requirements will be reflected accurately in any personnel specifications.
- We will adopt a consistent and non-discriminatory approach to the advertisement of vacancies.
- All applicants who apply for jobs with us will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
- All employees involved in the recruitment process will periodically review their selection criteria to ensure that they are related to the job requirements and not unlawfully discriminate.
- Short listing and interviewing will be carried out by more than one person.
- Interview questions will be based on the job and will not be of a discriminatory nature.